Scroll down for answers to frequently asked questions.
This form goes directly to Adrian, the founder, and he’ll respond within one business day.
Frequently Asked Questions
Signup & Login (Troubleshooting)
- Use the Chrome browser.
- Disable ad blockers and any other extensions.
- Clear Cache & Cookies
- On your browser toolbar, click the 3 dots in the top right, then More Tools and then Clear Browsing Data.
- In the “Clear browsing data” box, click the checkboxes for Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files.
- Choose beginning of time to delete everything.
- Click Clear browsing data.
How to Reset Your Password
How to Cancel Your Subscription
You may cancel your subscription at anytime.
- Login to your Plot account.
- Click ‘My Account’ in the top right.
- Click ‘Cancel Subscription’ at the bottom of the popup and confirm.
If you get an error message, please contact us with the email address of your subscribed account and we’ll take care of it.
Is There an Educational Discount?
We offer a 50% discount to classrooms of 5 or more!
To get started, please follow these steps:
- Create Accounts. Have all of your applicable students and teachers create accounts using their school email addresses.
- Emails. Contact us with your school’s e-mail domain and how many students you’re paying for.
- Payment. We’ll provide an invoice that can be paid by credit card online or over the phone.
Once payment is processed, the requested accounts will be upgraded to premium by the end of the next business day.
What’s the Difference Between Free & Premium?
Premium is $10/mo or $90/year (25% off) per user and includes: unlimited projects, unlimited scenes, unlimited collaborators and unlimited exporting as well as a lifetime price guarantee; meaning, as long as your subscription remains active, it will not increase even as our plans change and more features are added.
Free accounts are allowed to create 1 project with 8 scenes and can only receive comment permissions as a collaborator.
See a pricing comparison here.
How to Upload Images
How to Share with Collaborators
- Login to Plot and open the project.
- Click “Share” in the top right corner.
- Enter an email and click “Send Invite”.
- Switch between “Can Edit” or “Can Comment” permissions with a click.
How to Export a PDF
We’re working to make this even easier by offering a one click export, but for now:
- Just login and open your project.
- Click the dropdown menu by your project name at the top.
- Click ‘Print’ then type a description (optional) and click ‘Preview’.
- Then select ‘Open in PDF Preview’ and save it to your computer.
Here’s an example of what the PDF will look like.
How to Add Scenes
To add scenes, you can either: (1) click the square with the “+” sign, (2) use the shortcut “Ctrl+Enter” to split script text into a new scene or (3) hover to the left or right of an existing scene and click when you see the dashed line.
How to Move Scenes
To rearrange scenes, just hover your mouse on a scene then click and drag on the handle between the image and script to a new location.
Tips & Tricks
If there is a specific action you’d like to have a shortcut for, let us know!
- Command + Enter: Split text into new scenes.
- Command + B: Add bold to selected text.
- Command + I: Add italics to selected text.
- Ctrl + Enter: Split text into new scenes.
- Ctrl + B: Add bold to selected text.
- Ctrl + I: Add italics to selected text.