Scroll down for answers to frequently asked questions.
This e-mail form goes directly to Adrian, the founder, and he’ll normally respond in less than 2 business days.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Cancel Subscription
There is no contract with Plot, you may cancel and start your subscription at anytime.
- Login to your Plot account.
- Click ‘My Account’ in the top right.
- Click ‘Cancel Subscription’ at the bottom of the popup and confirm.
If you get an error message, please contact us with the e-mail address of your subscribed account and we’ll take care of it.
Signup & Login (Troubleshooting)
- Use the Chrome browser.
- Disable ad blockers and any other extensions.
- Clear Cache & Cookies
- On your browser toolbar, click the 3 dots in the top right, then More Tools and then Clear Browsing Data.
- In the “Clear browsing data” box, click the checkboxes for Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files.
- Choose beginning of time to delete everything.
- Click Clear browsing data.
Project Sharing (Error: Unauthorized)
Known issue: Sometimes when a user creates an account shortly after being invited to a project, the permissions are not applied to the created account. The temporary fix is for the project owner to remove and re-invite them after their account is created. We’re working to fix this!
Collaborators must sign-in with the exact same e-mail address they’ve been invited by on the project.
• If signing up with a custom e-mail and password, please be sure to click the Verification Link that was sent. Otherwise the error will persist.
• If using Google or Facebook to sign-in, please double check what e-mail is being used by clicking ‘My Account’ in the top right, so the project owner can invite you by the correct address.
We offer a 50% discount to classrooms of 5 or more!
To get started, please follow these steps:
- Create Accounts. Have all of your applicable students and teachers create accounts using their school email addresses.
- E-mails. Contact us with your school’s e-mail domain and how many students you’re paying for.
- Payment. We’ll provide an invoice that can be paid by credit card online or over the phone.
- Done. Once payment is processed, the requested accounts will be upgraded to premium by the end of the next business day.
Free & Premium Accounts
Premium is $10/mo or $90/year (25% off) per user and includes: unlimited projects, unlimited collaborators and unlimited exporting as well as a lifetime price guarantee; meaning, as long as your subscription remains active, it will not increase even as our plans change and more features are added.
Free accounts are allowed to create 3 projects and invite 1 collaborator per project, but cannot export.
Are you a student or teacher? We offer an educational discount to classrooms of 5 or more. Click here for more information.
How to Share with Collaborators & Edit Permissions
How to Print & Export PDF
- Use the Chrome browser.
- Login to Plot and open your project.
- Click the dropdown arrow by your project name at the top.
- Click ‘Print’ then type a description (Optional) and click ‘Preview’.
- Select ‘Open in PDF Preview’. Click here to see a sample PDF.
If your layout is not appearing correctly, please click ‘More Settings’ and set the Margins to Default and Scale to 100.
How to Upload Images
Tips & Tricks
If there is a specific action you’d like to have a shortcut for, let us know!
- Command + Enter: Split text into new scenes.
- Command + B: Add bold to selected text.
- Command + I: Add italics to selected text.
- Ctrl + Enter: Split text into new scenes.
- Ctrl + B: Add bold to selected text.
- Ctrl + I: Add italics to selected text.