The fastest way to create & share storyboards.
Invest more energy into your story, not bulky templates.
Why did I start Plot?
“I’ve been creating animated explainer videos for over 7 years and can’t deny how powerful and timesaving it is to storyboard every project. However, I came to despise how tedious it was to format and edit a basic storyboard template. After years of frustration, I knew there had to be a better way. Plot was born out of this desire—to bring storyboarding back to it’s original roots—as a means of unleashing your most creative ideas, quickly and effectively.”
Are you still storyboarding the old way?
It doesn’t have to be like this.
You’ve spent hours organizing your story… placed all your images, and ordered the scenes just right. Things are going well, then that dreaded moment arrives: you realize you should insert one more scene at the beginning. Wait… you’re storyboarding on a template… you can’t just insert a scene. Frustration bubbles to the surface as you copy, paste and move 32 scenes, just to make room for one more. How barbaric. Okay, whatever, it’s done (so you think).
Time to let your producer to see the progress: first export a PDF, then open your email, write a message, upload the attachment, send it and eagerly await their response. A few nervous hours pass when you finally receive a reply,
“Thanks for this first round, it’s really coming along! I didn’t know the best way to leave feedback, so I drew some notes on your PDF and saved it as a new file. Please see the attached.”
A bead of sweat forms on your brow as you open this mystery document. Your worst fears are confirmed when you see the requests piling up, “Let’s delete this scene… put 2 more action sequences here… can we rewrite the script in this section?”
Don’t you value your time?
By accepting the storyboard process as “tedious”, you’re distracting yourself from the most important part of your project: the story. Not only that, you’re wasting time. Time that translates into lost money. With Plot, you can build a 20 scene project in less than 3 minutes—that’s over 3x faster than a static template—and it gets even better from there!
- Need to insert another scene? Click.
- Draw some images? Done.
- Invite people to leave comments? Heck yes.
This is the easiest decision you’ll make today!
We’re offering a 100% free account, to experience the benefits of Plot with absolutely no risk. Seriously, what do you have to lose? The choice is yours: you can keep doing storyboards the old way, but why would you?
You’re just seconds away from putting the joy back into storyboarding!
Be the hero your team needs and deliver storyboards in the blink of an eye.
Sketch ideas directly inside of Plot, and leave visual feedback by drawing on existing images.
Drag & Drop
A single click and drag has the power to rearrange scenes and place images however you like.
- Andrew GallunSenior Videographer @ 4imprint.com"This storyboard software is simple to use and, simply put, it works! I was looking for something affordable and easy to use and this is it. I had my first storyboard ready to share with colleagues in 15 minutes. Great job!"
- Jonathan SontagVideo & Motion Graphics Specialist @ MINDBODY, Inc."Plot is a game changer for storyboarding. It's so easy to use and saves time, allowing me to focus even more on the work at hand. Using Plot, I develop scripts and storyboards from initial outlines to final shot lists, collaborating with co-workers and contractors throughout the entire process."
- Mitch DavisCreative Director @ Mitch Davis Media"The best part about this app is instantly seeing your script in storyboard format. You can easily break apart sentences into different scenes with a hotkey. Trying to do this stuff in Photoshop is so much more tedious. Doing this in a browser is lightweight and easy to update."
- David NedrowStudent Screenwriter & Director @ The Los Angeles Film School"The app is phenomenal, seriously everything I've looked for. User friendly. Makes my time better spent. Excellent."