Modio LLC (“We”, “Us”, “Plot” or “Our” as applicable) takes great care to ensure that any submission of your personal information is kept private and not disclosed in an unauthorized manner. We respect the privacy of every person that visits our site https://theplot.io (the “Site”) and we are committed to a safe online experience for our users. The Site is designed to allow you to create storyboards that are based on your submissions to our Site. As a result you will submit and we will collect certain personal data that is necessary for us to perform the services at the Site related to Our Plot platform (“Plot Services”). We feel it is important to explain what information we do collect, what we do with it and to describe the rights you may have with respect to the data. We also respect the privacy of every person who uses the services that we make available from the Site or who engages with the Site or Us to use the Plot Services that are provided (be it through the Site or not) or whose personal information may be processed as a result of others’ use of the Plot Services.
WHO IS PLOT AND WHAT DO WE DO?
Plot is owned and operated by Modio LLC, a United States limited liability company based and registered in the State of Oregon. We are the data controller responsible for your personal information processed via the Site.
HOW TO CONTACT US?
- Sending an Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our primary goal in collecting personal information from you is to: (1) verify your identity; (2) help us deliver the Plot Services and provide your ability to use the Site actively; (3) improve, develop and market new Plot Services to you; (4) carry out requests made by you on the Site or in relation to our Plot Services; (5) investigate or settle inquiries or disputes; (6) comply with any applicable law; (7) enforce our agreements with you; (8) protect the rights, property or safety of us or third parties, including our other customers, subscribers and users of the Site or our Plot Services; (9) provide support for the provision of our Plot Services; and (10) use as otherwise permitted by law.
To undertake these goals, we may collect the following personal information related to our users:
If you are a visitor to the Site:
- Information collected by Google Analytics which may include:
- IP Address saved by our web server logs
- Other web traffic details
If you are an individual user of the Plot Services or the Site:
- E-mail address
If you commence a financial transaction on the Sites, then in addition to the personal information above:
- Last 4 digits of the credit card number
- Expiration date and issuing bank
- Payment information
- Third-party vendor payment processor required information
We may also collect information about your use of the Sites including:
- Electronic communications protocols
- Web pages visited
- User preferences
- User privileges
- Other information relevant to provision of the Plot Services
- Other information as may be requested by Us from you in relation to provision of the Plot Services
- Third-party monitoring related to web traffic
- Browser Type
- Type of computer or mobile device
- Browser language
- IP Address
- Mobile carrier and phone number
- Unique device identifier
- Advertising identifier
- Location (including geolocation, beacon based location, and GPS location), and
- Requested and referring URLs.
Collection of the personal information described above may be through the following methods:
- Automated means such as communication protocols and cookies
- Online registration and online signup forms
- Sales inquiries and transactions
- Online Customer communications
- Offline communications and interactions
- Third party sources of information
WHAT ARE ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS PROTOCOLS AND COOKIES AND HOW DO WE USE THEM?
We may store information that we collect through cookies, log files, clear gifs, and/or third parties to create profiles of our users. A profile is stored information that we keep on individual users that detail their viewing preferences. Consequently, collected information is tied to the users’ personally identifiable information to provide offers and improve the content of the Site for the user. This profile is used to tailor a user’s visit to the Site, and to direct pertinent marketing promotions to them. We do not share your profile with other third parties.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s computer tied to information about the user. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while on our site. We use both session ID cookies [and] persistent cookies. For the session ID cookie, once users close the browser, the cookie simply terminates. A persistent cookie is a small text file stored on the user’s hard drive for an extended period of time. Persistent cookies can be removed by following Internet browser help file directions.
While we do not offer an opt-out on the Site for cookies, browsers provide you with information and control over cookies. You can set your web browser to alert you when a cookie is being used. You can also get information on the duration of the cookie and what server your data is being returned to. You then have the opportunity to accept or reject the cookie. Additionally, you can set your browser to refuse all cookies or accept only cookies returned to the originating servers. Users can generally disable the cookie feature on their browser without affecting their ability to use the site, except in some cases where cookies are used as an essential security feature necessary for transaction completion.
In the course of serving advertisements to the Site, our third-party advertiser may place or recognize a unique “cookie” on your browser.
Social Media Links to the Site
How Do We Use Your Data?
- To Engage In Transactions For Service: Your name, address, email, purchase details, and credit card/payment information may be collected and stored as part of the transaction history and may be used by us to enable us to perform the Plot Services.
- To Provide Future Service And Support. Information collected for this purpose is both contact data and information related to products and service/support requested. This information is also used to provide service, product updates, and similar notices.
- To Select Content. Data may be collected to help create web site content and navigation that is most relevant and user friendly. This includes data collected as a result of site navigation, as well as data provided in forms.
- To Respond To User Inquiries And Requests For Information. This data includes registrations for online newsletters, opt-in mailing lists and specific requests for further information.
- To Respond To Regulators. Data is used to respond to law enforcement organizations, government officials, or third parties when compelled by subpoena, court order, or applicable law, or to report or prevent suspected fraudulent or illegal activity in the use of the Plot Services. We will notify Customer of the information request or submission as, and if, allowed.
- When You Consent to Share Information to/for Relevant Programs or Online Accounts. To provide various communities, such as resellers, with relevant product alerts and updates. These updates are related to product releases, prices, terms, special offers and associated campaigns. This data is sent when the program member signs up for the relevant program or online account.
- For Modio, LLC’s Marketing to You. We may use information from user purchases and user-specified requirements to provide you with timely and pertinent notices regarding product releases and service developments that address your needs and specified requirements and/or which are similar to services previously purchased by the user from us.
- For Third-Party Advertising to You. We may use information derived from cookies or your behavior on the Site to allow us and third parties to target certain ads towards you while you use the Site. The ads appearing on the Site are delivered to users by our ad serving software. Information about users’ visit to this Site, such as number of times they have viewed an ad (but not user name, address, or other personal information), is used to serve ads to users on this Site. We also use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Site. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this Site and other web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- To Place Cookies on Your Browser. In the course of serving advertisements to this site, our third-party advertiser may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser.
- To Use Log Files. Like most standard web site servers we use log files. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track users’ movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc. are not linked to personally identifiable information. We use a tracking utility called ‘ClickTracks’ that uses log files to analyze user movement.
- To Use Clear Gifs. We employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that help us better manage content on the Site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. The main difference between the two is that clear gifs are invisible on the page and are much smaller, about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. Clear gifs are not tied to users’ personally identifiable information. Clear Gifs can “work with” existing cookies on a computer if they are both from the same Site or advertising company. That means, for example, that if a person visited ‘www.companyX.com’, which uses an advertising company’s clear gif, the website would match the clear gif’s identifier and the advertising company’s cookie ID number, to show the past online behavior for that computer. In addition, we use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by the recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. If users would like to opt-out of these emails, please see the Opt-out section.
- For Special Offers. We send all new members a welcoming email to verify password and username. Established members will occasionally receive information on products, services, special deals, and a newsletter. Out of respect for the privacy of our users we present the option to not receive these types of communications. Please see the Choice and Opt-out sections.
- For Newsletters. If a user wishes to subscribe to our newsletter, we ask for contact information such as name and email address.
- For Service Announcements. On rare occasions it is necessary to send out a strictly service related announcement. For instance, if our Service is temporarily suspended for maintenance we might send users an email.
- For Customer Service. We may communicate with you on a regular basis to provide the Plot Services and any other requested services, and in regards to issues relating to their account we reply via email or phone, in accordance with the users wishes.
DOES PLOT SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- Google Analytics: to analyze how users interact with the Site and provide data regarding use of the Site for optimization and improvements to be made to the Site by Plot.
- Payment Processors including: Stripe, and any additional processors that may be added in the future by Plot at their sole discretion: to allow users to make purchases and/or returns on the Site.
- Intercom: to provide chat services for support and user communications.
- Any other third-party vendors that are required or necessary to perform the services.
WHO DOES PLOT SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH?
WHAT IS PLOT’s LEGAL BASIS FOR SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
It is necessary for us to use your personal information to perform our obligations in accordance with any contract that we may have with you or it is in our legitimate interest or a third party’s legitimate interest to use personal information in such a way to ensure that we provide the Plot Services in the best way that we can. We have a legitimate business interest to create business opportunities for our company in sharing aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers that may be based on your aggregated, de-identified personal information. This is not linked to any personally identifiable information. We also have a legitimate business interest to share your personal information with third party vendors that are necessary to fulfill any orders that you make on the Site and to customize your experience.
ARE THERE ANY OTHER CIRCUMSTANCES THAT MY PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED?
In the event PLOT goes through a business transition, such as a merger, being acquired by another company, or selling a portion of its assets, users’ personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred. Users will be notified via email prior to a change of ownership or control of their personal information. If as a result of the business transition, the users’ personally identifiable information will be used in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection they will be given choice consistent with our notification of changes section.
Surveys and Contests
From time-to-time the Site requests information from users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Anonymous Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site. Users’ personally identifiable information is not shared with third parties unless we give prior notice and choice. Though we may use an intermediary to conduct these surveys or contests, they may not use users’ personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
Inviting Friends or Colleagues
If a user elects to use our referral service for informing a friend or colleague about the Site, we ask them for the friend’s name and email address. PLOT will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting them to visit the Site. PLOT stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program. The friend may contact PLOT to request the removal of this information from our database by contacting us at the Contact Us at the email address above.
We may use Facebook and other third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Site. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this Site and other web sites in order to provide advertisements on this Site and other web sites about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
HOW DO WE OBTAIN YOUR CONSENT?
Where PLOT’s use of your personal information requires your consent, you can provide such consent:
- At the time we collect your personal information following the instructions provided; or
WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO PLOT’s USE OF MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Each of our users are given the opportunity to ‘opt-out’ of having their information used for purposes not directly related to the Site at the point where we may ask for your personal information.
Users who no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications may opt-out of receiving these communications by replying to unsubscribe in the subject line in the email.
Users of our Site are always notified when their information is being collected by any outside parties. We do this so our users can make an informed choice as to whether or not they should proceed with services that require an outside party.
Correcting/Updating/Deleting/Deactivating Personal Information
Additional Rights Under DP Laws
Further, under the applicable DP Laws you may have additional rights depending on your residency, citizenship or country of origin status. In compliance with applicable data privacy laws including the DP Laws (as defined herein), You may request to view or have your personal information and data that we collect, delete from the Site by contacting the email listed above in the Section entitled “How to Contact Us”. PLOT will respect and comply with your request by the later of (60 days) a reasonable time or (120 days) any required timeframe required by applicable data privacy laws or the DP Laws, as applicable.
Based on where you live, you may have additional rights, if applicable under relevant DP Laws, including the rights to:
- Access your personal information data;
- Rectify the data if it is incomplete,
- Restrict the processing of your data,
- Object to processing of your data,
- Lodge complaints with supervising authority,
- Withdraw your consents to our use of your data,
- Not be subject to automated decision making and profiling,
- Limited rights to port your data.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
Unless we are instructed otherwise by yourself or any regulatory body, then:
Regarding visitors to the Site, we will retain relevant personal information for at least 3 years from the date of our last interaction with you and in compliances with our obligations under the applicable data privacy laws or DP Laws as applicable.
Unless we are instructed otherwise by yourself or any regulatory body, then regarding personal information we have processed as part of providing the Plot Services to any user, we will retain relevant personal information for at least 3 years from the date of our last interaction with that user compliances with our obligations under the applicable data privacy laws or DP Laws as applicable.
WHAT ARE LINKS AND HOW DOES PLOT USE THEM?
HOW DOES PLOT PROTECT MY INFORMATION?
PLOT takes every precaution to protect our users’ information. When users submit sensitive information via the Site, their information is protected both online and off-line.
When our registration form asks users to enter sensitive information (such as credit card number), that information is encrypted and is protected with the best encryption software in the industry – SSL either by Us or by Third-Party payment processors under their control.
While on a secure page, for example when making a payment or submitting personal photos, the browser that you are using will identify that you are using a secure page, either by a lock icon on the bottom of web browser or similar reference in the URL search bar, as opposed to un-locked, or open, when users are just ‘surfing’ or accessing unsecured third-party sites.
While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also do everything in our power to protect user-information off-line. All of our users’ information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our billing clerk or a customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information. Our employees must use password-protected screen-savers when they leave their desk. When they return, they must re-enter their password to re-gain access to user information. Furthermore, ALL employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. Every quarter, as well as any time new policies are added, our employees are notified and/or reminded about the importance we place on privacy, and what they can do to ensure our users’ information is protected. Finally, the servers that store personally identifiable information are in a secure environment using reputable third-party server vendors such as Amazon Web Services (AWS). Further, in order for this Site to properly fulfill its obligation to users it is necessary for us to supplement the information we receive with information from Third-Party sources.
WHAT WILL WE DO IF ANYTHING CHANGES?
HOW DO WE HANDLE ENFORCEMENT?
WHAT ARE DATA PROTECTION LAWS (APPLICABLE TO YOU BASED ON YOUR CITIZENSHIP)?